Today I realized three things:
1. That sunny weather makes me very happy.
2. That I’m oddly curious as to why dogs find sticking their heads out of the windows of moving cars so enjoyable.
3. And that I put my earphones in the wash by accident.
Thursday was fun. 😛
A Letter to my Loyal Fans:
Bonjour mes amis!
Between teaching practice and The Old Republic I haven’t had any time to write anything for the last couple of weeks. I know that all of you (my deliriously devoted horde of rabid fans) are literally at your wits end without dazzlingly brilliant new articles from Kevin to see you through each day.
As this is undoubtedly the case for at least 90% of the internet’s population, I wanted to write this post to reassure you all…
…That I’m still going to be busy for the next two weeks so you’re totally SCREWED!!!!
*Cue distraught exclamations of dismay from fans of Kevin the world over*
It’s terrible, I know. And you know what? I don’t feel even slightly guilty 😛
So I’ll see you all in two weeks time – if you can survive that long!
Yours Sincerely, Kevin 😉
It’s basically Christmas! Which means that Kevin will be busy busy busy hanging out with his rather large extended family 😀 As such, I probably won’t be posting anything much over the next few days. (Unless I get insomnia. Which has been known to happen. Especially on Christmas Eve! ;)). I’ve put up a couple of long posts – one Some Thoughts article, and one long fantasy short story – so you can read those if you have a few spare moments over the next few days and need a “Kevin fix”.
(I hear it’s a quickly developing medical condition.)
Anyway, that’s me (probably) done for Christmas. Though I do have one post timed to come up tomorrow at 10. It’s my first scheduled post on WordPress.com. /tear. It’s short and sweet… Like the lifespan of a typical selection box in my house 😛 I thought it would be appropriate.
OK that’s enough talking! Happy Christmas! – Kevin out!
Those of you who know me will probably be aware that I usually leave everything to the last possible moment. That includes Christmas shopping. What else is Christmas Eve for anyway? 😛
This year, however, I’ve become a new man. It’s three days to Christmas and all my shopping is done! Huge success! I even bought really good presents this year. I’d saved up a bit of money and figured that I might as well spend it all on presents. I’ve gotten used to being totally broke this year. And being slightly in debt. Why should Christmas be any different?! I have teaching practice in January anyway, which roughly translates to massive savings due to lack of social life. Win/win!
So this is my message to you: if you haven’t got all your Christmas shopping done, go out and do it! NOW! You have no excuse.
Actually, I still have to get one of my granddads a present. Making this whole post a lie. GODDANGIT!! I’m a terrible person.
I guess I’m leaving it pretty late… But here’s some of the things I’m thinking of asking for this Christmas! Now all I have to do is narrow it down to a more reasonable number… 😛
[This post really is the worst form of selfishness; why ponder my greed on my own when I could share it with all of you? ;)]
So here’s what I’m thinking about, in no particular order:
- Battlefield 3 (Xbox360) – Nice multiplayer game. Keep me busy. Pew pew pew!
- Creative Writing for Dummies – ‘nough said 😛
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) – Can’t go wrong with Zelda; one of my all-time favorite game series!
- A Second Chance at Eden, Peter F. Hamilton – A short story collection from one of my favorite sci-fi authors.
- The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson – I’ve heard great things about this new series. Pity the first book is sold in two full priced halves. Grrr!
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC) – I don’t think I have time to play another MMO but it does look like a lot of fun…
- Headphones – someone stole my last pair, and seeing as my friend Conor donated me a spare iPod (legend!) I need to get some new ones asap!
- The Wheel of Time: Towers of Midnight, Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson – I loved The Gathering Storm and A Memory of Light is almost finished… It’s definitely time to read this one!
Decisions, decisions! I’m leaning towards options 1, 2 and 4 now that I can look at them like this… I also really need to learn not to leave shopping so late! If anyone randomly decides that they want to buy me everything on this list go right ahead 😛 Though I’d happily settle for a good reason for the publication of this post…
[That would be too much to ask for 😛 Publish anyway! Pew pew pew!]
Yeah, so it was the college Christmas party last night and I didn’t have a chance to write anything. (I spent most of my time freezing, actually. Used up all my long-sleeved shirts for teaching practice. Oops!)
And I’m going up to Lisburn to watch badminton today. So I won’t be able to write anything then.
And I won’t be home until Saturday night, whence I wilst be tiredacious, hence… Well, I think you get where this is going by now! 😛
How will you survive without me for three days? There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I should imagine. If I were you I would be upset too.
OK listen: if I’m feeling nice I might write something using the ol’ pen and paper while I’m away – but don’t expect anything to be uploaded until Sunday.
Cuz there’s NO WAY I’m bringing that bloody Laptop!
Ten tasks for December:
1. Get a new profile picture for my Facebook page, Blog and Twitter. This old one is no good!
2. Add my info etc. to my new Twitter account. Think about using Twitter more. Likely abandon the idea 😛
3. Look into resurrecting and linking in my Google+ account for any potential readers who use that.
4. Browse more blogs on WordPress.com. They’re surprisingly good!
5. Use the holidays to write some longer creative stuff – novella perhaps? Admit to myself that there’s no way I’ll get it done 😛
6. Write a blog about mince pies. Eat some for the sake of good research.
7. Write more of these asides – they’re great fun!
8. Try to get back to achieving my goal of a post a day.
9. Get lazy and use point 7 to fulfill point 8.
Seeing as it’s now December and Christmas will soon be upon us, I’ve updated my site to display a new winter-themed picture 🙂 I had my first mince pie of the season yesterday so I’m really starting to feel the festive mood! You may also notice falling snow on the page which is a a new feature on Wordpess until 4th January. December is great 😀
(Image from: http://pradananusantara.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/winter.jpg)